With a stunning mountain view, Da Nang has become a popular destination in Vietnam among the locals and foreigners.in
Visiting Ba Na Hills, not only can you enjoy the beautiful landscape and great atmosphere but also participate in various types of entertainment.
Here is our Ba Na Hills travel guide, with transportation information, ticket information, and insider tips to make the most of your visit.
Introduction and Contents
If you love amusement parks or you have children who do,would be your cup of tea.
The combination of different entertainment and beautiful architecture makesone of Vietnam’s most amazing amusement parks.
As it is busy most days of the year, you should plan your trip and buy tickets in advance to make the most of your visit.
This article provides all the information you need to have the most fun at.
This guide covers the following sections:
- General information about Ba Na Hills, including opening hours
- Ba Na Hills admission fee and ticket types
- How to buy Ba Na Hills tickets
- Transport to Ba Na Hills from Da Nang
- Things to see and do in Ba Na Hills
- Ba Na Hills Tours: Pros and Cons
- Ba Na Hills 1 day itinerary
- Recommended Ba Na Hills accommodation
- What to eat in Ba Na Hills
- Ba Na Hills packing tips
- Tips for enjoying the best of Ba Na Hills
What is Ba Na Hills?
Located approximately 23 km away from downtown Da Nang City, is one of the best amusement parks in Vietnam.
This is not only because of its wide variety of activities, but also the cool-all-year climate and spectacular surrounding landscapes.
There are also lots of festivals featuring exceptional performances, with incredibly talented singers and dancers.
We particularly love the European-style architecture and beautiful gardens and enjoy going there every year.
The park opens daily from 7 am to 10 pm.
Ba Na Hills Admission fee and Ticket types
How much is the ticket at Ba Na Hills?
The Ba Na Hills ticket price includes the entry ticket and cable cars for both ways to and from the park.
is 750,000 VND per adult and 600,000 VND per child. However, discounts are available by purchasing in advance with .
Where to buy Ba Na Hills tickets?
a) At the ticket booths
You can buy Ba Na Hills tickets at the ticket booths at the entrance to the park.
There are some disadvantages to this, though:
- There are often long lines at the counters
- You’ll have to pay full price
So I recommend purchasing tickets in advance!
b) Online via Klook
The best way to purchasein advance is via
I’ve used this website many times, and it’s always been quick and easy.
Here are why you should buy Ba Na Hills tickets online
- Skipping the line: You don’t need to wait in a long line to purchase tickets. After buying a ticket via , you can show your voucher at a Klook desk to get your park ticket fast and easily!
- Not paying at full price: You will receive discounts while booking tickets online via .
- Easy cancellation: You will receive full refunds for cancelations made at least 48 hours before the visit date.
- Option for Buffet: You can enjoy the tasty dishes at a buffet restaurant with a small additional payment. Currently, you can choose between Vietnamese, Japanese, or Korean buffets.
- Ba Na Hills tour: If you’re interested in taking a tour, you can also sign-up for the from Klook. Continue reading for a review of the tour.
Here is the list of Klook’s offerings:
When is the best time to visit Ba Na Hills?
The best time to visit Ba Na Hills is from 9 am to 5 pm because most activities open at that time.
However, we suggest getting there early, about 8 to 8:30 am, as it helps shorten the time waiting for the cable cars.
Also, you can avoid a huge crowd on the Golden bridge!
How to get to Ba Na Hills from Da Nang?
Da Nang is well-connected with other places in Vietnam with domestic flights, trains, and buses from Hanoi, Hue, Nha Trang, and Ho Chi Minh city.
It takes approximately 40 minutes to get from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills.
a) Private transfer from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills
- From Da Nang Airport, you can book a .
- From Da Nang city, you can book a .
Depending on the number of your group members, you can choose a car for three pax, five pax, or 12 pax.
The service includes:
- One way transfer service to/from Da Nang city/ airport (approximately 1.5 hours)
- Pick up service
- Fuel fees
- Highway Tolls
- Insurance provided by the operator
b) Ba Na Hills tours from Da Nang
You can also sign up for the. A day tour always includes a roundtrip hotel transfer within Da Nang city center.
Note: We recommend leaving all your belongings in yourand visit Ba Na Hills in the morning.
Ba Na Hills Tour
Besides exploring Ba Na Hills on your own, you can join the. A tour includes typically:
- Transfers and transportation as per description
- Entrance fees
- Cable car ride
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available on request)
- Travel insurance
Below are the reviews from the tour I took:
- You do not need to line up to buy a ticket
- Know the way to get to the fastest cable car
- Save money
- Lunch is included
- Transportation: Because it was a tour, the bus driver drove around the city to pick up all the passengers.
- Limited time: You need to follow the time the tour guide listed.
In brief, having a tour guide is much easier if you go on vacation with your family. Also, it’s great if you’re traveling alone because you can meet other people and save transportation costs.
Ba Na Hills 1-day Itinerary without Tour
If taking a tour is not your thing, here is our recommendation on how to spend one day in Ba Na Hills.
Please note that the earlier you get to Ba Na Hills, the better because you can avoid the crowd and long lines waiting for a cable car.
7 am: Get from
7:45 – 8 am: Arrive at Ba Na Hills Sunworld, exchanging your Klook ticket.
8 – 8:30 am: Enjoy the scenery of the mountains and forest and the view of Da Nang city on the most modern cable car system in Southeast Asia
8: 30 – 12 pm:
- Take the mountain-climbing train
- Take pictures at Golden Bridge
- Enjoy a relaxing time at Le Jardin D’amour flower garden
- Visit Debay wine cellar in the mountain
- Visit Linh Ung Pagoda
12 pm – 1:30 pm: Have lunch buffet at the restaurant in Ba Na Hills
1:30 pm – 5 pm
- Visit the French Village
- Participate in performance or festivals in Ba Na Hills
- Join more than 100 exciting games at Fantasy Park – an indoor play area
6 pm: Leave Ba Na on the cable car system
Tips: There are many places to have fun, so you should reduce the selfie time, so try to explore and experience it all!
Ba Na Hills Accommodation
Where to stay in Ba Na Hills Da Nang?
There are plenty of good Da Nang travel guide for more information.. The city has different attractions, such as Dragon Bridge, Marble Mountains, and Linh Ung Pagoda. You can read our
However, the best way to enjoy Ba Na Hills is staying at.
Located on the top of Ba Na Hills, Mercure Danang French Village Bana Hills offers a great experience with spacious rooms and fantastic views.
After a fun day at Ba Na Hills, you can come back and relax at the pool in the hotel. It’s a dream place to stay, even if you’re on a budget.
Ba Na Hills Cable car
As Ba Na Hills is located at the peak of Chua Mountain, the only way to reach there is via cable car. Ba Na Hills cable car system is one of the most impressive ten-cable-car lines in the world, so it is an attraction itself.
The fee for a cable car is already included in your ticket.
What to eat in Ba Na Hills?
There are plenty of restaurants and food stands in Ba Na Hills. The price of meals at Ba Na Hills depends on your choice of cuisine.
Restaurants are priced from affordable to high-end (ranging from 50,000 VND per person – 350,000 VND per person).
-> You can buy a ticket including entry fee and buffet with
-> Read and find your favorite restaurant before visiting Ba Na Hills
What to see in Ba Na Hills Da Nang?
1. Golden Bridge Ba Na Hills
The image of a yellow bridge supported by giant hands only appeared on social networks not long ago but immediately attracted the community.
Located in the middle of the mountain, Golden Bridge Ba Na Hills is designed to look soft and charming, with the entire bridge covered with a magnificent yellow.
From a distance, the bridge is like a silk strip floating in white clouds. What makes the bridge more special is the large supporting hand.
Standing on the bridge, a majestic natural landscape will appear in front of you with white clouds and mountains.
2. Le Jardin d’Amour – The Paradise of Flowers
When you arrive at the station, take a walk to the Le Jardin d’Amour to enjoy the beauty of flowers and statues.
With an area of nearly 21,000 m2, Le Jardin D’amour is also known as the love flower garden with different kinds of flowers, tropical and temperate species.
Le Jardin D’amour flower gardens are divided into nine yards with nine unique architectural styles.
- Suoi Mo Garden: Located on gently sloping terrain, Suoi Mo garden has a beautiful combination of Aparang flowers and Kim Cham flowers.
- Eden Garden: This place is an ideal place to watch the dawn
- Mysterious Garden: An established maze makes visitors with charming massive tree walls.
- Couple Garden: French architecture is expressed through delicate architecture with vivid and attractive patterns and motifs.
- Reflection Garden
- The Mythical Garden: The magnificent column of rows found in the Mythical Garden is inspired by the image of Olympia peak with Athens and Greece Gods.
- Memories Garden
- Sacred Garden: The God of Love will witness the vow of the couple in this garden.
- Vineyard: The Vineyard is associated with a more-than-100-year-old ancient cellar with landscape details and a green layout recreating the vineyard region of southern France.
3. Ba Na Hills Linh Ung Temple
There are 3 Linh Ung temples in, and you can find one here at Ba Na Hills.
4. Ba Na Hills Debay Ancient Wine Cellar
The French discovered the Ba Na Hills area and built several works such as hotels, swimming pools, etc.
However, everything was mostly destroyed during the war, and only Debay Ancient Wine Cellar was left. This place was built by French architects and was dug deep inside the mountain in 1923.
5. Ba Na Hills French Village
After visiting Debay Ancient Wine Cellar, you can take a short cable ride to the top of the mountain.
Enjoy lunch at any restaurant, then start exploring the French village.
Another corner of the French village in Ba Na Hills
Beautiful flowers around the French town
Beautiful flowers around the French town
The French village is not too huge, so spending 30 mins to 1 hour is usually enough to wander around. There are free performances on the stages daily at 2:30 pm, so don’t miss them!
6. Ba Na Hills Fantasy Park
After visiting the French village, you should visit the amusement park.
There are three underground floors for games, and they are always crowded. There are lots of free games, but the queue is quite long.
What to pack for Ba Na Hills?
Ba Na Hills is very large, and you will need to walk a lot when exploring the park in one or two days (depending on your stay). It’s better to bring light.
If the weather is not good, you should bring a compact umbrella.
Usually, in the cold season, the temperature in Ba Na Hills will be colder than the city’s one, and the difference is about 7-8 degrees C.
Even in the summertime (June to August), the temperature changes may make you feel cold or uncomfortable, so it’s better to bring a light coat or jacket.
Even when it’s chilly, you should also bring suncream and a hat to protect your skin.
Wear comfortable shoes because you’ll need to walk a lot. Avoid wearing high heels or clogs.
Tips for enjoying the best of Ba Na Hills:
- Ticket: You should book the in advance because the ticket line is very long.
- Food: You should have breakfast first at the hotel before your departure. Purchase the buffet when booking your ticket.
- Don’t go during the Vietnamese national holidays: It’s full of tourists. There are 10 000 – 20 000 people per day, so you will be stuck in the flow of people and cannot enjoy anything.
Is Ba Na Hills worth a visit?
Locals say if you haven’t visited Ba Na Hills, you haven’t visited Da Nang. However, if you are familiar with Europe and want something different, Ba Na Hills maybe not your cup of tea.
If you want to see the mixture between European architecture and Vietnamese temples, also hiding from the heat of Vietnam, don’t hesitate and go!
We hope you will have a great time at Ba Na Hills.